Introduction ( Simple Queue Services Concept )
- Simple Queue Services Concept is a pay per use web service for storing the message in transit between computers.
- SQS offers two types of message queues.
- Standard queues offer maximum throughput, best-effort ordering, and at-least-once delivery.
- SQS FIFO queues are designed to guarantee that messages are processed exactly once, in that exact order that they are sent.
How to create Standard Queue in AWS SQS:
- Log in to the AWS account.
- Go to services and click on SQS.
Fig. SQS home page.
- Click on create Queue.
Fig. Queue page.
- In the two options, we will click on standard Queue.
- Give a name to Queue.
Fig. configuration page.
- Visibility time add.
- Message Retention Period. ( You can keep as per requirement)
- Delivery Delay ( Default 0)
- Give Maximum Message Size. (It will be 256kb)
- Give Receive message wait time.
Fig. Access policy page.
- In an access policy, we will go with the Basic policy.
- We can define who can send the messages and who can receive the messages.
Fig. Advanced access policy.
Fig. Remaining access policy.
- Click on Create Queue.
To send a message:
- Click on Send & Receive messages.
Fig. send and receive page.
- Enter some message in the message body to send.
- Click on Send Message.
Fig. the message has sent.
Check whether messages are sent or not: ( Learn More)
- At the end of the page, we can see Receive Messages Box.
Fig. Receives message box.
- Click on the poll for messages.
Fig. messages Received.
- We can see the message that when it sent by clicking on ID.
- Click on ID.
Fig. Message Details.
- To see the message body click on Body.
Fig. Body Message.
By this, we know how to create a standard SQS, and how to send a message.