What is a simple notification service?
1. It is a web service that makes it easy to set up, operate, and send notification from the cloud.
2. It provides developers with a highly scalable, cost-effective, and flexible capability to publish messages from an application and sends them to other applications.
3. It is a way of sending messages. When you are using AutoScaling, it triggers an SNS service which will email you that “your EC2 instance is growing”.
4.SNS can also send the messages to devices by sending push notifications to Apple, Google, Fire OS, and Windows devices, as well as Android devices in China with Baidu Cloud Push.
5. Besides sending the push notifications to the mobile devices, Amazon SNS sends the notifications through SMS or email to an Amazon Simple Queue Service (SQS), or to an HTTP endpoint.
*Amazon SNS is a web service that manages to send messages to the subscribing endpoint. There are two clients of SNS: Subscribers, Publishers.
*Publishers are also known as producers that produce and send the message to the SNS which is a logical access point.
- Let’s see how to create a topic in SNS and subscribe:
Firstly go to the services and click on SNS and on the left side click on topics and create a topic.
*To create a subscription click on create subscription
give the protocol as email.subscription to my topic is created successfully.
The above screen shows that the status of the subscription is pending. The mail has been sent to the subscriber. A Subscriber has to click on the Confirm Subscription.
after clicking on the confirm subscription
To send a message to the subscribers
*This message is sent to all my subscribers.