Oracle E-Business Suite is available with JWS ( Java Web Start ) in Oracle EBS forms. JWS concepts released by Oracle in April -2017. Now you can open Java form on Chrome & Edge.
Introduction to JWS
Normally Oracle E-Business suite comes with Java applets. Forms in EBS opens with Java applets. JWS (Java Web Start) launches Java based functionality as Java web start Application. JWS ( Java Web Start ) in Oracle EBS is part of Java Run Time (JRE).
New Features with Java Web Start
Technically nothing new in this feature. It is mature java technology. With this version we are using first time in Oracle E- Business Suite. By using this forms will open in Java Web Start application. Earlier it was using Java applet.
EBS 12.2 – JRE 1.8 update 121 b33
EBS 12.1.3- JRE 1.8 update 121 b33
Many new features have been added with Oracle JWS (Java Web Start).
1. Forms now can be opened in Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge.
2. EBS users can launch forms on all browsers which doesnt have NPAPI plug-in support.
3. End users experience will not change.
4. E- Business suite still requires Java
Here’s the compatibility matrix for EBS 12.1 and 12.2 certified combinations:
JWS Profile Enable in EBS:
JWS profile can be checked using following profile.
1. System Admin –> Profile –> System
2. Open the Profile options and Type: ICX: Forms Launcher
3. Ctrl + F11
4. Enable JWS will have –> http://<host><port>forms/frmservlet?config=jws
5. Disable JWS will have no url at site level
6. JWS can be enabled for User levels as well
7. For user levels Url will have – http://<host>:<port>/forms/frmservlet?config=jws
8. Profile – Enable Java Web : will have value YES- If enabled
9. Profile – Enable Java Web : will have value No- If disabled
Documents to Follow For JWS
How to use Java Web Start with Oracle E-Business Suite Releases 12.2 and 12.1.
Using Java Web Start with Oracle E-Business Suite (Doc ID 2188898.1)
Oracle DBA Skills have become important and critical. Up skill your knowledge with our Online Sessions on Oracle DBA , Oracle Application DBA, Oracle Performance
Join our FREE Telegram Group and Part of Knowledge Sharing Group.
1. If you are already using Telegram, just add group name- @suggestcloud
2. If you are not using Telegram, Download from App Store or Google Play and Click