Oracle E-Business Suite requires Weblogic server basis. Oracle periodically releases patches for weblogic tier. If there are any bug then DBA have to apply weblogic patches . In this post we will learn how to apply weblogic patch ?
Table of Contents
You should have metalink access to download patch. For weblogic patch application we have to prepare following steps.
1. Download the webogic patch from Oracle metalink.
2. Copy patches to $FMW_HOME/utils/bsu/cache_dir
3. Unzip the patch using unzip command
4. It will give you four digit weblogic patch. Ex- B24X
How to Apply Weblogic Patch
This section will explain how to apply a weblogic patch. What are the environments we need to export. Also we will see how to rollback conflict weblogic patch.
1. Export environments
expor t CONFIG_JVM_ARGS=”-Xms512m -Xmx1024m”
export T2P_JAVA_OPTIONS=”-Djava.io.tmpdir=/tmp -Xms512m -Xmx1024m”
2. Apply patch command
./bsu.sh -install -patchlist=HMR4 – patch_download_dir =
$FMW_HOME/utils/bsu/cache_dir -prod_dir= $FMW_HOME /wlserver_10.3
3. Rollback the conflicts
bsu.sh -remove -patchlist=YIJF -prod_dir=$FMW_HOME/wlserver_10.3
Post explained how to apply Weblogic patch in simple steps. Follow these steps to apply weblogic patches of any version. Patch ID is very important. When you unzip the patch it will give you 4 digit weblogic patch.
Oracle DBA Skills have become important and critical. Up skill your knowledge with our Online Sessions on Oracle DBA , Oracle Application DBA, Oracle Performance
Join our FREE Telegram Group and Part of Knowledge Sharing Group.
1. If you are already using Telegram, just add group name- @suggestcloud
2. If you are not using Telegram, Download from App Store or Google Play and Click